Curriculum Vitae 2019
1. Personal information
Name: Murat Khokonov
Address: Chernyshevskogo Str. 173, 360004,
Kabardino-Balkarian State University
Department of Theoretical and Experimental Physics
Nalchik, Russian Federation
Phone number (office): +7-8662-42-52-54
Marital status Married
Date of birth 6th April 1958
- Kabardino-Balkarian State University, Physics Department, 1975-1980.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, post graduate school at Physics Department, 1980-1983,
the degree of Candidate of science in physics of atomic nuclei and elementary particles.
- The degree of doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, 1993
- Short time courses in Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT): "Problems of modernization of high education. Variability approach to teaching fundamental physics", April 2013.
- Educational management courses in Kabardino-Balkarian Institute of Business, September-December 2015, Certificate in "Educational Management".
4. Work experience
- 1983-1993 Associate professor in theoretical physics department of Kabardino-Balkarian State University (KBSU);
- November 1988- September 1989 – research scholarship in the Institute of Physics and Astronomy of Aarhus University;
- 1993 until today – professor of physics in KBSU;
- 1997-2003 – Dean of Physics Department of KBSU;
- 2004 until today – The head of the Department of Theoretical Physics (in 2016 renamed as Department of Theoretical and Experimental Physics);
- September 2000 – August 2001 – visiting researcher in Physics Department of Tokyo Gakugei University sponsored by Japan Cultural Association – Taibunko Foundation;
5. Personal qualities
Dependable, determined, initiative, versatile
6. Special skills
- Circassian folk music
- Rock-n-Roll and blues solo guitar skills
- Numerical methods in physics
Medal "Honored Worker of Science and Engineering of Russian Federation" (October, 2007);
Honorary title "Honored Worker of Science of Kabardino-Balkarian republic" (April, 2011).
8. Research experience
Scientific field: high energy electromagnetic processes and physics of interphase phenomena.
Achievements: an original method of imaginary time has been developed in the theory of radiation of relativistic electrons; a broad class of exact solutions of cascade equations in physics has been discovered; the problem of cross sections of electromagnetic processes in the non-uniform strong fields has been solved for the first time (with H.Nitta); the phase equilibrium equation the thermodynamics for small size objects has been developed (with Kh.B.Khokonov and T.M.Taova). Khokonov has obtained new unknown simplest representations of the Airy functions (or modified Bessel functions). He has more than 50 publications in high rank physics journals. The total number of publications exceed 150 including teaching textbooks.
From December 1997 until present is a member of Educational and Methodical Council on Physics and Astronomy of Russian Ministry of Education and Science.
10. Selected publications
1. Telegin V.I., Khokonov M.Kh. Axial Channeling of Ultrarelativistic Electrons // Sov. Phys. JETP, V.56, No.1, P.142-150, (1982).
2. Khokonov M.Kh., Telegin V.I. Anomalous passage of ultrarelativistic electrons in thick single crystals in axial channeling // Rad. Eff. Lett., V.76, No.5, P.179-186, (1983).
3. Komarov F.F., Telegin V.I., Hokonov M.H. Temperature effect on the increase of the Kumakhov radiation yield at axial channeling of relativistic electrons // Phys. Lett. A.,V.96, No.9, P.491 - 493, (1983).
4. Komarov F.F., Telegin V.I., Khokonov M.Kh. The anomaly in temperature dependence of the Kumakhov radiation of electrons in axial channeling // Sov. Phys. Dokl. ,V.28, No.9, P.768 - 770, (1983).
5. Khokokov M.Kh. and Khokonov Kh.B. On the equilibrium equation of small size phases and its applications. In "The Problems of Phase Formation and Phase Transition Physics", Kalinin, USSR, 1979, p.114-122. (in Russian).
6. Khokonov M.Kh., Komarov F.F., Telegin V.I. Classical theory of the Kumakhov radiation in axial channeling (General case) // Rad. Effects, V.81, No.3-4, P.203-210, (1984).
7. N.K. Zhevago, M. Kh. Khokonov. The effect of the precession of the transverse trajectories of axially-channeled electrons on the emission spectrum // JETP, 1984, Vol. 60, No. 1, p. 33-42.
8. Khokonov M.Kh. Peculiarities of the Kumakhov radiation in ultrarelativistic electron channeling // Rad. Effects, V.80, P.93 - 104, (1984).
9. Khokonov M.Kh., Komarov F.F., Telegin V.I. Classical theory of the Kumakhov radiation in axial channeling (Dipole approximation) // Rad. Effects, V.81, No.3-4, P.179-201, (1984).
10. Komarov F.F., Komarov A.F., Khokonov M.Kh. Dynamics of electron motion and of emission of radiation during axial quasichanneling // Sov. Phys. JETP, V.66, No.1, P.23-29, (1987).
11. Khokonov M.Kh. Planar Channeling of Electrons and Positrons at TeV energies // Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett., V.14, No.10, P.792-793, (1988).
12. A.Kh. Khokonov, M.Kh. Khokonov. The angular distribution of electrons during axial channeling // Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys.,V.34, No.9, P.1058-1059, (1989).
13. Khokonov M.Kh. Angular momentum distribution of electrons in axial channeling at large depths // Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys., V.34, No.8, P.890-891, (1989).
14. Beloshitsky V.V., Hokonov A.Kh, Hokonov M.Kh. Asymmetric angular momentum distribution of electrons in axial channeling in bicrystals // Nucl. Instr. Meth.B, V.48, P.263-265, (1990).
15. Khokonov M.Kh., Nitta H. Channeling of antiprotons and electrons // Phys. Stat. Sol.B, V.159, P.589-595, (1990).
16. Khokonov M.Kh. Self-focusing and angular distributions of electrons moving in the field of atomic rows // Lett. to JETP, V.56, No.7, P.333-336, (1992).
17. Khokonov M.Kh., Tuguz F.K. Dynamics of volume capture of electrons into an axial channel // Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett. (USA), V.18, No.7, P.434, (1993).
18. Khokonov M.Kh. Axial channeling and radiation of multi-GeV electrons // Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms. V.74, P.375-379, (1993).
19. Khokonov M.Kh., Tuguz F.K. Some new aspects of axial electron channeling process // Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms. V.82, P.46-51, (1993).
20. Khokonov M.Kh., Tuguz F.K. Angular momentum distribution and flux peaking of ultrarelativistic axially channeled electrons // Rad. Eff. and Deff. in Sol., V.25, P.107-111, (1993).
21. Khokonov M.Kh., Tuguz F.K. Lifetime of electrons in the bound state when moving in the field of atomic strings // Technical Physics, Volume 38, Issue 4, April 1993, pp.271-274
22. Khokonov M.Kh. Angular distributions of relativistic charged particles in oriented crystals. JETP, V.76, No.5, P.849-857, (1993).
23. Khokonov M.Kh. Uniform distribution of axially channeled electrons in phase space // Tech. Phys. 39 (1994) 330-331
24. Khokonov M.Kh. Angular distributions of channeled particles // Rad. Eff. and Deff. in Sol., V.132, No.2, P.91-101, (1994).
25. Khokonov M.Kh. Influence of electromagnetic radiation on the angular distributions of electrons in oriented crystals // Nucl. Inst. Meth.B, V.119, P.63-66, (1996).
26. Khokonov A.Kh., Khokonov M.Kh. Spectrum of hard gamma rays emitted by electrons having energies of hundreds of GeV in oriented crystals // Tech. Phys. Lett. (USA), V.22, No.5-6, P.14-16, (1996).
27. Khokonov M.Kh. Saddle Point Method in the Radiation Problem // Physica Scripta V.55, No.5, P.513-519, (1997).
28. Carrigan R.A. and Khokonov M.Kh. Channeling Radiation as Virtual Thomson Scattering and the Relative Efficiency of X--ray Production by Intense Laser Beams, Fermilab priprint, Pub-97/115, 1997.
29. Richard A.Carrigan Jr. and M.Kh.Khokonov. Channeling Radiation as Virtual Laser Thomson Scattering X-ray production by Intense Electron Beams. In "Quantum Aspects of Beam Physics", Pisin Chen, Ed., World Scientific, 1999, p. 516-524. (Advanced ICFA Beam Dynamics Workshop, Monterey, California, USA, 4 - 9, January 1998). http://isbn.nu/toc/9810235518
30. Khokonov A.Kh., Khokonov M.Kh. Emission of single gamma rays by electrons with energies of hundreds of GeV in oriented crystals // Technical Physics, 1998, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p. 1043.
31. M.Kh.Khokonov, Richard A.Carrigan Jr. The relationship of channeling radiation to Thomson scattering and the relative efficiency of X-ray production by intense electron beams // Nucl. Inst. and Meth. B, V.145, P.133-141, (1998).
32. A.Kh.Khokonov, M.Kh.Khokonov, R.M.Keshev. High intensity limit in electron-laser beam interaction // Nucl.Inst. and Meth. B, V.145, P.54-59, (1998).
33. A. Kh. Khokonov, M. Kh. Khokonov, and R. M. Keshev. Features of the emission spectrum of relativistic electrons moving in an ultra intense laser field // J. Tech. Phys. Lett., V.24, P.797-799, 1998.
34. M.Kh.Khokonov, H.Nitta, A Standard Radiation Spectrum of Relativistic Electrons: Beyond Synchrotron Approximation // Phys. Rev. Lett., No.9, V.89, 094801 (2002).
35. A.Kh.Khokonov, M.Kh.Khokonov, A.A.Kizdermishov, Possibility of Generating High-Energy Photons by Ultrarelativistic Electrons in the Field of a Terawatt Laser and in Crystals // Technical Physics, V.47, pp.1413-1419, (2002)
36. A.Kh.Khokonov, M.Kh.Khokonov, K.V.Efendiev. Orientation Dependence of the
Incoherent Radiation Yield in Crystals // Technical Physics, V.50, No. 10, pp. 1343-1347, 2005.
37. M.Kh.Khokonov. Cascade Processes of Energy Loss by Emission of Hard Photons // JETP, V.99, No.4, pp. 690-707, 2004.
38. H. Nitta, M.Kh. Khokonov, Y. Nagata, S. Onuki. Electron-positron pair production by photons in nonuniform strong fields // Phys. Rev. Lett. V. 93, No.18, 180407 (2004)
39. Y. Nagata, H. Nitta and M. Kh. Khokonov. A semiclassical theory of crystal-assisted pair production: Beyond the uniform field approximation // Nucl. Inst. Meth. in Phys. Res., B 234, p.159-167 (2005).
40. A.Kh.Khokonov, M.Kh.Khokonov. Noncoherent Radiation of Relativistic Electrons in Oriented Crystals // Tech. Phys. Lett., V.31, No.1, p. 72-74, 2005.
41. A.Kh.Khokonov, M.Kh.Khokonov. Classification of the Interactions of Relativistic Electrons with Laser Radiation // Tech. Phys. Lett., V.31, No.2, p. 154-156, 2005.
42. M.Kh. Khokonov and K.V. Efendiyev. High energy limit of single photon channeling radiation spectrum // Nucl. Inst. Meth. in Phys. Res., B 252, pp.36-43 (2006)
43. I.Z.Bekulova, R.M.Keshev, M.Kh.Khokonov. Suppression of the Yield of Hard Photons Generated by Electrons with Energies above 100 GeV in Oriented Crystals // Technical Physics Letters, 2008, Vol. 34, No.11, p.912-914, 2008.
44. Taova T.M., M.Khokonov. Equilibrium Equations of Small-Size Phases and Some Its Applications // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics, 2008, Vol. 72, No. 10, pp. 1374-1378.
45. Carpet-3 - a new experiment to study the primary composition around the knee. Nuclear Phys.B (Proc. Suppl.) V.196, P. 371-374 (2009) J. Szabelski et.al. for the Carpet-3 collaboration.
46. Khokonov M.Kh. Physics Education in the Russian Federation // International Newsletter on Physics Education, No. 59, P. 2-7, 2010. https://web.phys.ksu.edu/icpe/newsletters/n59_supplement.pdf
47. M.Kh.Khokonov, I.Z.Bekulova. Length of Formation of Processes in a Constant External Field at High Energies // Technical Physics, Vol. 55, No.5, pp. 728-731, 2010.
48. Bekulova I.Z., Khokonov M.Kh. Dynamics of Electrons with Energies up to Several Teraelectronvolts in Oriented Crystals // Technical Physics, 2011, Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 443-447.
49. A.Kh.Khokonov, M.Kh.Khokonov, M.V.Dottueva. Methods for Constructing Gas Laws near Critical Temperatures by Means of Molecular Dynamics // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Physics, 2014, Vol. 78, No.8, pp.777-780.
50. Khokonov M.Kh. On the theory of electromagnetic cascades in thin targets and photon multiplicity measurements // Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 344 (2015) 1-4
51. Z. A. Akhmatov, A. Kh. Khokonov, and M. Kh. Khokonov. Equations of State of Noble Gases and their Mixtures with Allowance for Three-Body Interaction in Molecular Dynamics // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics, 2016, Vol. 80, No. 11, pp. 1358-1360.
52. Z.A. Akhmatov, A.Kh.Khokonov and M.Kh.Khokonov. Virial based equations of state with account of three-body interaction for noble gases and their mixtures // Journal of Physics: Conference Series 774 (2016) 012038
53. M.Kh.Khokonov. On the quantum interpretation of the classical Schott term in the theory of radiation damping // Physics Letters B, Volume 791, 10 April 2019, Pages 281-286
54. T. M. Taova, Kh. B. Khokonov, B.B. Alchagirov, and M. Kh. Khokonov. Wetting of Reactor Steels by a PbBi Eutectic Melt with Lithium // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics, 2019, Vol. 83, No. 6, pp. 745–748.
55. M. Kh. Khokonov and J. U. Andersen. Equivalence Between Self-energy and Self-mass in Classical Electron Model // Foundations of Physics, 49(7), 750-782, 2019.